27 Sept 2007

Back to Blogging............

Summer is usually the time when people have holidays and time to blog. This Summer, I have just been that busy and have also discovered facebook that I have been too busy to blog but have just got back from Bournemouth and feel the urge. But first I will tell you all about what has been happening over Summer.............

Well first of all there was Budapest Pride and I that was an experience and a half. I have provided a link to the media coverage but also wrote an article of my own experience for LGBT Labour which you can read elsewhere. The rest of Summer I spent attending and supporting events such as Nottingham Pride, UK Black Pride, Outburst Black LGBT Pride, Notting Hill Carnival which UNISON won best float in their section. I also attended two UNISON's Disabled LGBT network events and drafted motions, amendments and reports for UNISON's National LGBT Committee. Hence no time for blogging!! LGBT Labour has also taken up some considerable time with two committee meetings, organising events for Labour Party Conference, the new branding and the newsletter LeftOut. One of the main tasks was responding to discrimination law review.

More recently, I attended the PSI / EI LGBT Summit in Vienna and have written separately about this. And last but not least, I managed to get down to Bournemouth on Tuesday for the last two days of Labour Party Conference as a stall holder which has it's restrictions but still had an excellent time networking and attending the LGBT Labour fringe.

No comments: